Whether you are anticipating the joys of adoption or experiencing the frustrations of marital conflict Robert Owens can help. I have served families in the Delaware County and Central Ohio area for nearly 20 years. I provide legal services in all areas of family law, including:



Child custody and visitation

Child support

Child Custody modification and enforcement


Juvenile Custody (Custody disputes among unwed parents)

Premarital agreements

Legal Separation

Civil Protection Orders (CPO)


Robert Owens can assist you in a step-parent adoption or other adoption processes.


Divorce should not lead to financial crises. Robert Owens can help you establish an equitable amount of spousal support.


Robert Owens can protect your parental rights to raise your children in an appropriate and supportive home.


In some cases, child support is administratively reviewed and changed every three years. Sometimes the administrators get it wrong and you can object. I can help ensure that you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children in a healthy, happy environment.


Child support payments do not change unless the court modifies the child support order. If either the custodial or noncustodial parent experiences a significant change in circumstances, I can guide you through the proper legal procedures to modify your child support payments accordingly.


Through mediation or litigation, Robert Owens can help you gain the most equitable results from your divorce, including fair distribution of assets, division of marital home, child support payments and child custody rights.


I am skilled at maneuvering through the complex laws of Ohio to protect your parental rights from the interference of government authorities.


I expect the unexpected and draft premarital agreements that protect both spouses' interests and that can alleviate some of the stress should you ever divorce.


When parties are faced with a problem marriage and need to separate but do not want to get a divorce yet, Ohio law can make a provision to ensure that everyone is conforming to reasonable rules for finances and or child custody. A legal separation may look a lot like a divorce in terms of court orders even if parties cannot agree but does not terminate the marriage. Robert Owens has experience in helping you defend your financial interests and your parental rights, even if you do not want to get a divorce.


Civil Protection Orders (CPO)" If you are being stalked, threatened or harassed in person or online, or if you have been falsely accused of doing the same, Robert Owens can help. Robert Owens is experienced in prosecuting, defending and obtaining expungements on Civil Protection Orders. CPO's are no joke and can have serious implications on parental rights, firearm ownership, criminal charges and more. If you are facing a CPO it is critical that you talk to a lawyer immediately.

Contact a Dedicated Delaware Family Law Attorney

Call Robert Owens at 740-368-0008 or e-mail me at robert@owenslawoffice.com to schedule a consultation with a family law attorney at my Delaware, Ohio office.


Case No., 04CRB02047, 2009 PA 00142

Facts: Father and Mother were unwed. Mother wanted to break up, move out and get full custody. She accused Father of Domestic Violence and hid the child.

Results: Father found not guilty of all charges at trial. Subsequently, Father granted custody of minor son.

Case No. 09 DRA 020070

Facts: Mother of a minor child was told by her husband that he wanted a divorce and was having an affair with a younger woman. Financial complexities were compounded by fact that husband was self-employed and claimed he made no money.

Results: Aggressive use of financial subpoenas and forensic accounting reveled that husband had significant unknown cash flow. After being confronted with the documented evidence, a very favorable custodial and financial resolution was reached for my client.


Facts: Mother had past drug and criminal problem, spending time in jail. She had rehabilitated and moved to another state. Father was not willing to allow children to move to Mother’s house.

Results: Custody changed to Mother, children moved out of state.

Case No., 2007 JUCST 11928

Facts: Father and Mother were unwed parents of newborn child. Father had more stable home but lived in another state. Mother did not agree to allowing the infant to move out of state.

Results: Full custody granted to father.

Case No. 02-08-1499

Facts: Mother has full custody of child and was stay at home mom. Her new husband was in the military and was looking to relocate out of state with the child, severely limiting Father’s access.

Results: Custody was changed to father.